[blazie-support] getting a braille lite 18 and braille lite 2000 repared

  • From: "Lamar Upshaw" <lupshaw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blazie-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2008 12:29:34 -0700

Hi. I heard that freedom scientific no longer supports the braille lite 18 or 2000. Are there any companies that still repare them? I am looking to get the battery replaced in mine, and get the advance bar fixed, because it keeps collapsing. I've had to get that repared twice with freedom scientific before, but for what ever reason, my advance bar always does that. I have a light touch, so I know it's not because i'm too hard on it. lol. I also have a friend who's still using a braille lite, and she also needs repares, but we both heard it's not done any more. Can someone shed some light on this for us?

With All Respect,
Upshaw, Lamar T