[blazie-support] Re: Noisy keys

  • From: Stephen Clower <supersteve03@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blazie-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 10:33:08 -0500

Hi Penny.
 From what I've heard from other M20 users, the noisy keys are a, and I
quote, standard feature. It might be possible to get someone to replace the
springs inside your unit with those similar to the ones in your Braille
Lite, but this can be very risky. I've never seen one of the M20 units
before, so I'm at a loss as to other suggestions right now. It might be a
good idea to contact Freedom Scientific and see if they have any suggestions.
Regards
Steve
At 03:02 AM 8/16/02 +0500, you wrote:

>Somehow I think that we are having a breakdown in communication.  I
>have gone through the status menu many times.  What I'm referring to
>is the clanking as the keys themselves go up and down.  In the braille
>lite this is hardly noticeable and I was tremendously impressed.  I
>bought a millennium20 and found that the keys as they are depressed
>and pop back up make quite a lot of racket.   This has nothing to do
>with key clicks.  Does this make sense?  I just wondered if anyone
>knew whether I might have the millennium20 keys repaired so that they
>will feel like the braille-lite keys which can be worked almost
>silently.
>Thank you for your response.
>Penny
>

>---