[bksvol-discuss] Re: where are the new books?

  • From: "Jake Brownell" <jabrown@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2005 10:29:02 -0600

Scott,
    I'm also an outside volunteer. I've submitted several books (over 50)
and I've had a vast experience. Before Christmas, I could upload a book,
post a note about it here and get a note from the validator later that night
that they had done some minor cleanup as is usually required and that the
book is now awaiting final approval. Once I had those books approved the
following day by an admin.
    Recently I've been waiting quite a while for books to make their way
through the system. I do not validate my own submissions unless I know it's
perfect, as I believe the point of a validator is to have another person
check your work. Now if I had a book on the download list for over a month I
would definately encourage someone to validate their own submission. I just
feel that someone with Kurzwell or another good editing program can find
small mistakes that I miss.

    I too, hope that the admins are working on a solution to the lag time. I
checked the latest copy of Marissa's list and I have 12 books pending. I do
not know if they are all validated, but I do know that some of them have
been awaiting final approval for a few weeks now.
    When I say this I'm not yelling at Peter, Marissa, Gustavo or anyone
else I'm just attempting to relate my experience and my hope that someone is
working on a fix.

Jake