[bksvol-discuss] Re: usinf search and Advanced Search

  • From: Kelly Pierce <kkellyp@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2012 10:45:54 -0500

Has Betsy, Bookshare’s Executive Director, ever explained why she
decided that the default search would be American English only rather
than to search all English-language titles.  If so, what was her
response? It would be fair to say that the expectation of a typical
user conducting a default search is a broad and wide search of all
English language titles.  It seems rather odd that Bookshare treats
British English like a foreign language when catalog searches at the
world’s largest libraries 100 times the size of Bookshare do not do
this.

Kelly