[bksvol-discuss] Re: the unscannable book

  • From: "Mayrie ReNae" <mayrierenae@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2011 15:44:59 -0700

Hi Julia,

Well, it's a pain in the neck, but I use the OpticBook scanner and sort of
shift the book beyond where the spine is touching the edge of the scanner,
giving the scanner a bit more of the book to see.  Does that make sense?  I
use single-page scanning, by the way, and always use gray scale as my
scanning choice.  I have found it does a better job on tricky books.

Maybe that helps somewhat?  It is definitely a pain to hold the book still
like this, and if you have shaky hands, I'd not recommend it as the
frustration level might be really overwhelming.

Happy scanning.

Mayrie