[bksvol-discuss] Re: submit better copy

  • From: "Pratik Patel" <pratikp1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2006 10:43:29 -0400

Cindy,

There may be several factors as to why some books are rated excellent when
they shouldn't be.  The rating scale is subjective; what you might consider
excellent may mean something quite different to someone else.  And, there is
also the fact that not everyone has access to K1K and its rank spelling
feature.  As Bookshare's bolunteer process does not ask validators to comb
through the book, as many of us do, it is quite difficult to predict what
the cause for mislabeled book is.

Pratik