[bksvol-discuss] Re: speech question

  • From: "Chris Hofstader" <cdh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 07:36:00 -0400

Generally, I prefer JAWS or a generic screen reader's speech mode to that of
self voicing applications but both OpenBook and K1000 expose really nice
self voicing interfaces that can be "tuned" to meet your needs with a degree
of accuracy that a generic screen reader cannot provide without extensive
scripting/configuration.

Using the self voicing interface in a scan and read program, though, does
require that you spend some time fiddling about with its speech
configuration to get it to a point that you really like.

cdh