[bksvol-discuss] Re: spammer on the discussion list

  • From: "Christina" <greensleeves1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2012 11:57:19 -0400

Anks for the update.  J

Christina

From: bksvol-discuss-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:bksvol-discuss-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Alisa Moore
Sent: Monday, October 08, 2012 11:12 AM
To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: Madeleine Linares; Madeleine Linares
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] spammer on the discussion list

Hi all,

Madeleine is troubleshooting the issues we're having with a rogue intruder
on the discussion list.  Unfortunately, Freelists wasn't recognizing her
email address nor did it recognize an email address associated with the
spammer's to put a stop to the posts.  She's working with Freelists admin to
resolve the issue.  (This is a great example of why it's so important not to
include any confidential/personal information in emails in the group,
because we can't always control for "intruders").

Please email (outside the group/off-line) myself and Madeleine any updates
or information you have in terms of how this has impacted your participation
on the list or your email so we can advise Freelists.

Kindly,

Alisa K. Moore

Volunteer Program Manager

Benetech