[bksvol-discuss] Re: should validators be required to read through the whole book?

  • From: "Evan Reese" <mentat1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 17:18:11 -0700

True, but I think that puts too much onus on the validator when it should be on the submitter. Submitters get five times as much credit per book as validators do, and while many validators are not in it for the money, they certainly shouldn't be held responsible for poor-quality books getting into the collection because they didn't read through and fix them up. Perhaps they should be held responsible for a poor-quality book getting into the collection because they didn't reject it, so your point two below is valid. You don't need to read through a whole book to recognize a poor scan and reject it. If you are saying that a person shouldn't be validating because he/she didn't read through a poor scan and fix it up, then I would disagree with that. On the other hand, if you are saying that a person shouldn't be validating because they didn't reject a poor-quality book because they didn't take the time to at least do enough checking to determine the scan quality and reject it, then I would agree with that.

By the way, I noticed that you no longer have the word Peace at the bottom of your messages. Have you given up on that? <grin>

----- Original Message ----- From: "k4zq" <k4zq@xxxxxxxxxxxx>