[bksvol-discuss] Re: scanning/ocr

  • From: "Gary Petraccaro" <garypet130@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2014 17:46:01 -0500

If static doesn't work and grayscale doesn't work, then it probably won't scan.
 There are some things that just don't scan well.  If you try Optimize, see if
having it check the resolution as well as the options mentioned above help any.
 You can leave the 300 dpi alone as long as you're pretty sure the print is
normal size. Check the different kinds of threshholding to see which one
optimize picks.  If you're not sure if it's the book, try a more typical book
so you can see how things work.  Hope this helps.