[bksvol-discuss] Re: scanning a book and some questions

  • From: "Kathy Hester" <kathyruth@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2009 06:55:51 -0600

I used Sprint Fine Reader with my Lexmark scanner before I got Kurzweil,
and, although it is more cumbersome to use, I could use the Leksmark scanner
just fine without an adaptive scanner program.  I highly recommend one,
though, since using either Kurzweil or Open Book or their equivalents is
much easier and you have more control over the finished product.  I also
tried to use IRIS, but did not find that one usable--I might have figured it
out had I devoted more time to it, but I didn't.

Lots of luck!

Kathy