[bksvol-discuss] Re: scanning Cold Pursuit

  • From: Carrie Karnos <ckarnos@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2009 19:30:06 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Bud,

I just searched for "Cold Pursuit" and there it was. Maybe you misspelled
pursuit? I don't know.

As far as suggestions go, I usually try to search for one word, instead of
several, on the slight chance that there's some punctuation somewhere in the
title. Unfortunately when I searched for Pursuit, I just found 37 books, and
searching for Cold produced 80 books. Way too many to go through! Everyone and
his brother has written a book about Jefferson, but Parker returns 121 books.
Forget searching for one word in this case!

Another option is to search for one book that the author has written, and then
click on the author's name when the book shows up. For Parker, you could search
for Black Water, and when that appears, click on Parker's name, and then look
through the ten books that are in the collection. This won't work for very
prolific authors, but it's okay for most authors.

Anyone got any suggestions?  Carrie