[bksvol-discuss] Re: scanners USB vs SCSI?

  • From: "Sarah Van Oosterwijck" <curiousentity@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 11:20:01 -0500

I don't know enough about individual scanners, but the general answer to
your question is that both the scanner and the interface determine speed.
Most scanners aren't fast enough to allow the interface to affect their
speed, but a few are. Of course they wouldn't make a scanner scan pages
faster than the interface could take the data, so just looking at the
manufacturers information should tell you what you need to know.

If you are interested in the specifications of each type of interface you
might look at the howstuffworks website.  the types of SCSI interfaces are
explained on the page reached by the link below.
http://computer.howstuffworks.com/scsi2.htm
and USB at
http://computer.howstuffworks.com/usb.htm
And even if you're not interested, I'm sure someone will find a use for that
website eventually. :-)

Sarah Van Oosterwijck
http://home.earthlink.net/~netentity