[bksvol-discuss] Re: scanners USB vs SCSI?

  • From: James Nuttall <jnuttallphd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 05:21:52 -0700 (PDT)

Hello Julie:

Yes, my computer has USB 2.0.  I guess the point of my questions really are
does the connection to the computer have anything to do with the speed of the
scanner?  Is the scanner speed basically fixed by the scanner?  When people
have upgraded their scanners have been noticed a significant decrease in
scanning time?

Jim -- Michigan

"J.M." <inlovewithchrist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi, Jim. Do you even have a newer computer that supports USB 2.0? I know this
sounds obvious, but if you don't, getting a scanner that supports it wouldn't
be of much help, so I just thought I'd throw that question out there, since USB
2.0 hasn't been out for too long, and there are people out there still with
older systems. *smile* Take care.
Julie Morales
Email and Windows/MSN Messenger:
inlovewithchrist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
When God puts a tear in your eye, it is because He wants to put a rainbow in
your heart.