[bksvol-discuss] Re: saving scanned books

  • From: "Tiffany H. Jessen" <tjessen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 15:19:56 -0500

Since you have Kurzweil, go into my documents, and you'll find a folder called
kurzweil educational systems. If you enter into that folder, you'll see that it
contains a number of folders, including magazines, books, downloads, and so on.
When ever you use kurzweil to download books from any source, including
bookshare, they go into that folder. When I scan books myself I save them in a
folder I created called to edit. Then, no matter whether I downloaded them or I
proofread and submitted, once I'm done reading the book I arrow to the file and
cut/paste it into the books folder. I used to just save everything jumbled in
that one big books folder, but eventually I had so many of them it took a while
to go through, and now I have started to create more folders for organization
purposes. I do it by genre, but you can do it by author, or I guess you can
even do it by genre with subfolders of authors, but doing that for me seems to
be more and more involved for finding things. Sometimes I don't know the title
or author of what I'm looking for and just need to browse around until I find
what I want.
Now, to the person who asked how to create a folder, first find and enter into
the location where you want to create the folder. Once you go into a folder you
should have nothing selected, but if you have pushed any arrows or letters to
navigate within the folder you will have to unselect the item with control
space. After that push the applications key. This opens the context menu, so
arrow down and enter on new. This opens a submenu, so arrow to folder and again
push enter. At this point you type the desired folder name and again push
enter. Now you should be back in the original location you were before
beginning the process, but the new folder you created is highlighted. If you
ever want to rename a folder you have misspelled, you first find the folder,
push the F2 button, type the name the way you want, and again push enter.
Tiff