[bksvol-discuss] Re: releasing Logics of Disintegration: Post-Structuralist Thought and the Claims of Critical Theory

  • From: "Bob" <rwiley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2008 20:45:08 -0500

Thanks Cindy.

I took epistomology a million years ago, so figured I could wade through a philosophical book. You don't necessarily have to understand it, just as long as you know most of the lingo. I suspect that many philosophers hide behind a linguistic shield that cloaks them from the rest of the world.

Unfortunately, the pagenation got me down.

I've now got a good ol' science fiction book to salve my injured soul, so I'm doing just fine.

Bob
From: Bob <rwiley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "bookshare volunteer discussion" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tuesday, September 9, 2008, 6:54 AM
As the subject says, I am releasing "Logics of
Disintegration: Post-Structuralist Thought and the Claims of
Critical Theory".

I found the pagenation in this book to be too inconsistent.
Some pages would have a couple of lines of text and then a
new page break, while others would have an obvious page
break with no new page code.

Frankly, I found it too confusing to handle. Others may
have better luck.

Bob (hating to admit defeat but ...)
"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful,
committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is
the only thing that ever has."--Margaret Mead