[bksvol-discuss] Re: reasons for rejecting a book?

  • From: Roger Loran Bailey <rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2012 15:11:02 -0400

Title: Blank
Those broken sentences tell me something else. I said that if the title of the book and the author appear at the top of pages then the book may have been scanned two pages at a time in one page mode, but if the sentences are broken it sounds like it might have been scanned two pages at a time in one page mode with column recognition turned off. If that was done then the scanning software would assume that the first line of the facing page was a continuation of the first line of the first page and that the second line of the second page was a continuation of the second line of the first page and so forth. If that is the case then there is no doubt about it. It has to be rejected.

 From your example,it seems to me that this is a reason for rejecting the book, i.e., that there are broken sentences that don't fit together and the story doesn't read smoothly. unless you have the print book and  book and want to fix it yourself, but that could be time-consuming, and if you're blind  and can't read the print book, it would be impossible, smile.
Cindy