[bksvol-discuss] Re: questions from a new volunteer

  • From: Robin Mandell <robinmandell@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 08 Jan 2006 21:49:23 -0500

It's a .txt file.
The name is: beatie.txt

At 09:44 PM 08/01/2006, you wrote:
What's the name of the .rtf file inside beatie.zip? Does it have any punctuation marks in it?

If there was a problem with the ISBN number, it would say so. Several times, I have entered an ISBN number from a Spanish book and been told that it's invalid, when it's exactly what was in the book. So I know that you'd see something if that was the problem.

Carrie

Robin Mandell <robinmandell@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I'm still not having any luck!!! My file name is less than
eight characters...it is: beatie.zip

to be exact.

The only other field that might be a problem is my isbn number....I'm at a
loss. I even copied the file into my root directory so I wouldn't have a
long string to rrite out in the upload file field.

Cheers,

Robin

At 09:11 PM 08/01/2006, you wrote:
>Hi Robin,
>
>Welcome to the Bookshare group! We all try to help newbies as much as we
>can. You'll get a lot of emails from various people with lots of good
>suggestions. In my experience, the most common problem when you try to
>submit a book, it says there's a problem, but doesn't tell you what it is,
>is that the file that you're trying to submit has a punctuation mark in it
>(the name of the file, NOT the name of the book on the form). If your
>filename has an apostrophe or a comma or a dash or anything other than
>letters, numbers and spaces, try renaming the file and submitting it
>again. For example, if the book is called The Turtle's Back, rename the
>file to The Turtles Back and try again. If that doesn't work, feel free
>to email us again and we'll try to help some more.
>
>Carrie
>
>Robin Mandell wrote:
>HI All,
>
>I have just come on-board. Bookshare.org is a wonderful service, and
>I say that all the more because I am originally from Canada where we
>aren't allowed to have such a service--copyright laws of course!
>
>Anyway, I want to dive in and start contributing, but I'm not sure what
>this whole verification process is about. I was mosying around the Web
>site, and found the page where we volunteers download things to be
>verified. I'm not sure what is expected in the verification process,
>though. Are we expected to read the whole book (not a problem for me, of
>course)? What processs do we follow to upload them to the site? Is it the
>same process as used for submitting books.
>
>About submitting books: I submitted a few yesterday and dind't have a
>problem. Today, I can't seem to su bmit anything. I've tried with two
>seperate books and I'm always tol d there are errors in my form, but not
>what they are. (when I submitted books yesterday and made mistakes, it
>seemed very clearly marked what those mistakes were.) It's very
>frustrating as I have about 5 more books I'd like to submit from my
>collection.
>
>Thanks for any pointers.
>
>Cheers,
>
>Robin

>bksvol-discuss-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>put the word 'unsubscribe' by itself in the subject line. To get a list of
>

>Yahoo! Photos ? Showcase holiday pictures in hardcover
>Photo
>Books. You design it and we?ll bind it!

Yahoo! Photos
Got holiday prints? <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/mail_us/taglines/holidayprints/*http://pa.yahoo.com/*http://us.rd.yahoo.com/mail_us/taglines/photos/evt=38089/*http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph//print_splash>See all the ways to get quality prints in your hands ASAP.