[bksvol-discuss] Re: question-checking in book after proofing

  • From: "Katherine Petersen" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "katherine_petersen" for DMARC)
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2015 08:53:40 -0800

That's weird because all of my RTF files open in Word. You can also open an
Docx file in Word and save it as an RTF file. I use RTF a lot and have never
used WordPad. Could be b/c I use Office 2010.

I edit in RTF for the exact reason you mention of not wanting to lose format
in a switch.

Some of you will find this amusing: the computer I use for scanning is
archaic because I have to have Windows XP for the scanner I use. I asked a
sighted person for help with it a year or so ago, and he told me he couldn't
help me at all because he couldn't see the screen. I guess there's a light
for those who need it and it has gone out, so all the JAWS and other
programs work, but only a blind person can use the computer.

This is one of the reasons I don't try to upgrade what's on it either as I'm
totally on my own if something goes wrong. I just thought it was a funny
story when I asked him for help to try to make the scanner even faster and
he told me I was on my own.

--Katherine