[bksvol-discuss] Re: question re pge number font

  • From: "Shelley L. Rhodes" <guidinggolden@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2009 09:03:39 -0500

Actually with the Kurzweil 1000's ability to modify the voice for different font attributes, smile it can, but you know that is operator defined and well I don't have it on usually.

I wouldn't worry about it Cindy.

Shelley L. Rhodes, VRT

Guide dogs for the Blind Alumni Association
www.guidedogs.com

Reading a book is like rewriting it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms. -Angela Carter, novelist and journalist (1940-1992)

From: Debby Franson <the.bee@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Monday, November 30, 2009, 11:35 PM
Hi Cindy!

No, bold doesn't sound louder when listening with
synthesized
speech.  That's an interesting thing you were
wondering about.

Debby

At 01:24 AM 11/28/2009, Cindy wrote
>The book I'm proofing now has the page numbers in B.
Should I un bold
>them, as I've started to, or will the conversion
process take care of
>that. Or doesn't it matter to you readers? If bold
sounds louder to
>those  listen, if I were one it would  annoy
me greatly.
>Cindy
>
>Wish List (i.e., books wanted added to the collection)
and
>books-being-scanned list available at sites below
>

>Wish List: https://wiki.benetech.org/display/BSO/Bookshare+Wish+List
>
>Books Being Scanned List:
>https://wiki.benetech.org/display/BSO/Books+Being+Scanned+List
>

>  To unsubscribe from this list send a blank Email
>bksvol-discuss-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>put the word 'unsubscribe' by itself in the subject
line.  To get a list
>of available commands, put the word 'help' by itself in
the subject line.

Release Date: 11/28/09

--
Enjoy what you have rather than desiring what you don't
have. Just dreaming