[bksvol-discuss] Re: question please thank you.

  • From: "Roger Loran Bailey" <rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2010 12:33:14 -0400

I lost my eyesight in 1988 and attended my first rehabilitation center in 1989 and apparently the opticon was considered obsolete then. However, there was one at the rehab center and I tried it out. I was unable to make much use of it. I think it takes some amount of extensive training and practice, similar to learning Braille. I don't think they are made anymore.

_     _      _

"As a woman I have no country. As a woman my country is the world"
Virginia Woolf

The Militant:
http://www.themilitant.com
Pathfinder Press: