[bksvol-discuss] question for sighted scanners

  • From: "Jill O'Connell" <jillocon@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 8 Nov 2008 11:47:59 -0800

I am reading a New York Times scanned book and the most common scanning errors are the scanner mistaking a T for an R. How would a sighted scanner even be able to identify this problem since they are not listening to the book or reading it on a braille display? There must be a simple answer to this that just hasn't occurred to me. Jill