[bksvol-discuss] Re: question about kurzweil settings and submitting a book

  • From: Monica Willyard <rhyami@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2007 14:04:46 -0400

This doesn't seem to happen to some other people, but I have trouble when optimizing with both pages on the scanner. For some reason, Kurzweil sets the brightness to a much darker level if I have it optimize in 2-page mode, and then the scan doesn't come out well at all because the brightness is wrong. It sets my brightness to something like 35 in this case. I've found that on my system I do better to put one page on the scanner and optimize with that. So I don't have to sit there and hold the book on the scanner, I set a small box of blank CDs on the book to weight it down enough to hold it in place. Then I go off and make some coffee or tea while Kurzweil optimizes. When I come back, it's ready to run, and so am I. (smile)

Monica Willyard