[bksvol-discuss] Re: question about kurzweil settings and submitting a book

  • From: Mayrie ReNae <mrenae@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2007 10:36:02 -0700

Hi Kerri,

I always optimize with both pages flat on the scanner. Just remember to have your settings to recognize two pages per scan. There may be a reason for using only one page on the scanner during optimization. I just haven't found any problems at all using both pages.

Peace,
Mayrie

At 10:22 AM 9/21/2007, you wrote:
Hi All:

I just got my Kurzweil a couple weeks ago. I was going to start scanning a book and so I went to Jake's site and was reading the nstructions about scanning a paperback with Kurzweil. On the directions it says when you begin to do the optimize scan, to only have one page on the scanner platent. Wouldn't it better to jut have the book laying flat? Wouldn't that give a better image for Kurzweil to optimize with? How do I only pt on page on the scanner and still give it a good image to optimize? Is there a big problem with laying the book with both pages flat?

Thanks, Kerri