[bksvol-discuss] Re: problem with first line on some pages

  • From: Bud Schwab <budschwab@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 07 Nov 2009 11:26:52 -0800

Thanks Mary, I'lll just continue to do that so it will read correctly for us blinks.

BudAt 10:46 AM 11/7/2009, you wrote:
HI Bud,

        Actually, I think what the OCR is interpreting as a letter a couple
of lines above the next part of the word is actually a REALLY large letter
that publishers tend to like putting at the beginnings of chapters and
sections in books.  I guess they think it looks pretty to make the first
letter of a section really, really large.  I do as you do, and just erase
the offending letter and retype it so it matches the rest of the text.

Mayrie