[bksvol-discuss] ot what I do

  • From: Elizabeth and Burton <thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2006 01:07:37 -0500

My grant writing and researching for grants development came out of years of writing research proposals. What is needed in both cases, and in the case of writing business plans is basically the same sort of thing. So knowing how to do one makes learning to do the other easier.

On a slightly different subject, I have found that it is easier to research advocate or problem solve for someone who is not me than it is for myself. So I can do things unemotionally and help a client strategize in situations and draw from my experience with a disability and as a successful person in the day to day world to empathize with my client. I understand that he or she may be emotionally distraught or stuck or whatever. I understand the agreement I make with my client is that he or she is going to figure out solutions which work for the client. I will do the research for a client. It is the client who needs to work with me to figure out what he or she truly wants to do and what options there are for doing it.

E.