[bksvol-discuss] Re: o.t. JFW and speakers

  • From: Shane Christenson <drummershane@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2007 19:17:40 -0500

Hi there, monica. first, about speakers and jfw, you can get a small set of earphones to plug into your dec express if you so desire. I realize I don't have the same setup as you, but I have a set of bose speakers that actually has 2 sets of jacks in the back for running 2 different sound sources off the same set of speakers. I have my computer's sound and my dec express both going through the same set of speakers. Elloquence wouldn't sound bad coming through your speakers, but depending on other stuff you may be doing with your audio, you might have difficulty hearing the speech on top of the other audio you're listening to. if you'd like to write me off list, so I can go into further detail with you about how to set all this up, my e-mail address is:

drummershane@xxxxxxxxxx

now about a microphone for chats. I have a logitech Extreme, headset microphone combo that works great. It's one of those headsets that goes behind your head instead of on top. The microphone part is adjustable, and it has a volume control and a n onn-off switch built right into the cord, and the cord is super long, so you don't necessarily have to be sitting right in front of your computer.

have a great day.

Shane
At 11:10 AM 9/22/2007, you wrote:
Hello all. I had a few more questions. With my new Dell, since listening to music well is important, I ordered there wireless 5 speaker system. Right
now I use Jfw with a Deck Express.  I was wondering a few things.
1. If I were to listen to Jfw with Elloquence or some other voice, would it sound weird hearing music through the same speakers? What do you all do?
2. Do you recommend getting headphones as well?  Perhaps wireless?
3. I also was considering getting a microphone for chats. Any recommendations? Again, sorry for so many questions. I don't know much about computers and stuff like this. Thanks so much for your assistance.
Have a great weekend,

Monica