[bksvol-discuss] Re: my own questions about K1000

  • From: Stephen Baum <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 09:04:22 -0500

Hi Sarah.

Why don't you are your friend send me an email directly, describing the problems, and the various failed solutions. I can forward that to someone who can help.

Stephen

At 06:44 PM 2/23/2005, you wrote:
Thank you for clarifying.  I think perhaps the tech support person who said
SSIL didn't work anymore had forgotten that Windows 98 was the operating
system being discussed.

I have been trying to use either keynote software speech or the braille note
with Kurzweil without success.  It worked a few versions ago, but doesn't
work for me anymore even in Windows 98.  A friend of mine can't get her
DEC-Talk Express to work with Kurzweil version 9 in Windows 98.  Evidently
SSIL can work, but doesn't always.  Should we keep fighting to install our
problem synthesizers?

I am also happy to find that Kurzweil can use hardware synthesizers in
Windows 2000 and Xp when the manufacturers bother to make a 32 bit driver.

Sarah Van Oosterwijck http://home.earthlink.net/~netentity/