[bksvol-discuss] Re: my own questions about K1000

  • From: "Peter Scialli" <Peter.s@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 16:15:31 -0500

Sarah,
I am using Kurzweil 9.02 with the Tripletalk PCI and it works fine. There is an SSIL driver provided by the manufacturer of the device. I think the issue with the Doubletalk would be that it is a synthesizer requiring an ISA port which computers haven't come with in a while. I think either the Tripletalk USB or DECtalk USB or even the serial version of the Doubletalk should all work ok though under XP.

________________________ Peter M. Scialli, Ph.D. Associate, Technical Projects, Bookshare.org www.bookshare.org

A Project of The Benetech Initiative - Technology Serving Humanity
peter @benetech.org
www.benetech.org

----- Original Message ----- From: "The Pardees" <fpardee@xxxxxxxxxx>