[bksvol-discuss] Re: marissa's list

  • From: Agape Pet Sitting <agapepetsitting@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 21:39:35 -0500

So what happens once a book is out of step 2 and waiting for administrative approval?

Is  Gustavo  the only one who works on it in that faze?
or are there volunteers who do that step as well?

Just wondered how it worked.

Thanks
Laura Ann
At 07:25 PM 8/16/2006, you wrote:

Laura Ann,

It's difficult to say how often Marissa's List gets updated. Gustavo is the one who generates the list by running queries on the database, and he has periods where he does it every week or two, and he has periods where he neglects to do it for a couple of months, or even longer. The Tech Advisors continue to ask that it be automated so we can get the info whenever we want, but that's more involved than just adding the two links for browsing the new books only in English or only in Spanish, and we haven't yet been able to get Bookshare to add those links, despite the effort only requiring a few minutes work.

When Gustavo does take the time to run the queries, he e-mails the info to Jake, who posts it on his website.

HTH

Gerald