[bksvol-discuss] Re: line feeds, carriage returns and page breaks

  • From: "Mayrie ReNae" <mayrierenae@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 May 2009 11:48:41 -0700

Hi Lori,

        What you do confuses me on a single read through.  If it works,
that's terrific.  I personally put the paragraph mark followed by each lower
case letter in the find box, and in the replace box I put a space followed
by that same lower case letter.  My thinking is exactly the opposite of
yours, but achieves the same thing.  My thinking is that a paragraph never
begins with a lower case letter, therefore, if I replace all instances of a
paragraph mark followed by a lower case letter with a space followed by that
same lower case letter, then I'll unite broken up paragraphs.  My only
concern with your way of doing things is that punctuation doesn't always
scan and paragraphs may be united instead of broken using your method in
cases where two paragraphs should have existed, but the final punctuation
mark in a paragraph was not OCRed.  But if it works, more power to you.

There are always more than one way of achieving the same goal.  And it's
great to share them as no one way works comfortably for everyone.  If we
share differing ways of doing things, then more people may find a
comfortable way of cleaning up books.

So, thanks for sharing your way of getting rid of extra paragraph marks in
books!

Mayrie