[bksvol-discuss] Re: just got Kurzweil 9

  • From: "Shelley L. Rhodes" <juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2005 22:41:39 -0500

Accessiblebooks.org is a organization kind of like Bookshare.  it is for
"low vocabularly high interest" books.  You need a proof of a print
disability for membership.

Let me see their addresss is:
http://www.accessiblebookcollection.org/default.htm

What is the Accessible Book Collection?

The Accessible Book Collection is a non-profit corporation. Our primary
mission is to provide high interest/low reading level digital text to
qualified
persons with disabilities. We have expanded our mission to include books
that are frequently used in literature classes. Government and non-profit
schools
and others can subscribe to the Accessible Book Collection and have a large
selection of e-books for all their eligible students for one low price.

Who is eligible to use the e-books in the Accessible Book Collection?

The great majority of students and other individuals using the Accessible
Book Collection are learning disabled and, consequently, have a reading
disability.
Other users are visually impaired and still others have physical
disabilities that prevent them from holding books or turning pages. No
matter what the
disability, individuals are eligible if they have a documented disability
that prevents them from reading standard print effectively.

H.T.H.

juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Guide Dogs For the Blind Inc.
Graduate Advisory Council