[bksvol-discuss] Re: how about a bookshare convention?

  • From: Grandma Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 17:05:55 -0700 (PDT)

At CSUN they have a bookshare meeting in the evening,
just as they did at ACB. I just go to meet people for
lunch, wander around the exhibits, and say hello to
the staff at their exhibit.When I went two years ago
they were all about to rush off to some meeting or
talk, but I did get to meet the staff, including Jim,
the big boss, who I remember as being tall but I may
be disremembering, and I breifly  met handsome
Guido--and enjoyed lunch with Pratik, who I learned
was much younger than I'd imagined from his mature and
knowledgeable posts.

I will plan on going on whatever day most people will
be there for lunch. I seem to remember that some
people arrive early and some people later. I think
Wed. or Thurs. was best for meeting most people, but
we'll know better as March approaches and the dates
and plans for the conference/convention get set.

Cindy