[bksvol-discuss] Re: hard to read passages on a book for proofreading

  • From: misha <mishatronics@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2012 18:52:40 -0800

I can't find a preview on Amazon or google. It appears to be a very new book so it may be hard to find in libraries. If your problem is only on page 3, maybe it is junk generated by the OCR program trying to convert a picture to text. Does the text before and after make sense as if there were nothing missing between them. Since the book has to do with music, then it might even be words and musical notation scrambled together by the OCR. I'd consider getting the book because a close friend of mine was a member of a Jewish temple that was very music oriented, but I'll be very busy with a couple other projects for the next few weeks. If the scanner doesn't get back to you and you can wait that long, I'll see what I can do.

Misha

On 2/16/2012 5:09 PM, Sarah Alawami wrote:
The book is called building singing communities. If the scanner is on here  so far
can you please redo page 3? Tha'ts how far I've gotten. lol! I"m very new at
this but this is interesting so far. and the book is very good thus far.

On Feb 16, 2012, at 3:43 PM, Susan Lumpkin wrote:

As I think Larry stated, I would ask the original scanner to do a rescan of
the bad page. Good luck and happy proofing!

Susan