[bksvol-discuss] Re: handling of the ellipses

  • From: misha <mishatronics@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 02 Dec 2011 17:13:10 -0800

I thought the manual was changed to say make ellipses three dots with no spaces and treat them like a word. That is, if the ellipsis is in the middle of a sentence then it should have blank spaces around it just like a word. If there is an ellipsis at the end of a sentence and a period or question mark after it, then like a word there would be a space before it, but no space between it and the period or question mark (so in the case of the period after, that would make four dots in a row).

Misha

On 12/2/2011 4:42 PM, Cindy wrote:
uh, oh; I thought it was space 3 unspaced dots, then another space,making it like a word. e.g., ...
I may have to change mine