[bksvol-discuss] Re: good scan,

  • From: "Gary Petraccaro" <garyp130@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2013 23:48:42 -0500

I'd make sure I held the book so as to provide the flatest surface page to scan
glass.  If the book is a massmarket paperback and not the library's, break it
by folding the book so that the covers touch.  Do that from the middle of the
book to either end every 10-20 pages.  If it's a hardback or trade and you're
using a Plustek scanner, this isn't necessary.  It might not even be necessary
with that scanner and a standard paperback, but it's hard to tell without trial
and error.