[bksvol-discuss] Re: fixed file not getting there

  • From: "Kathy Hester" <kathyruth@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2009 10:44:56 -0500

I don't know about 9, but I have had Kurzweil 1000, Version 11 for a little
over a year now.  I find that it frequently does not save corrections when it
converts a file from one format to another.  Therefore, I have finally stopped
editing altogether with Kurzweil and gone to MS Word.  The only thing besides
scanning that I do with it is to read over the pages and make sure they're
legible before saving the file as RTF.  Then I edit in Word, so that my changes
will stay made.

The ignore end of line breaks is found under settings, reading options.  I
don't know why it's there, but it is.  When you come to the thing that says
Line endings will be ignored by the editor, that's what it is talking about.
The other option, which you find by arrowing down is ... respected by the
editor.  However, since it is only found in the reading settings, I don't know
whether it works for actually taking the line breaks out, or only for reading
with Kurzweil.

Kathy