[bksvol-discuss] dictionaries?

  • From: Charisma <wishfulfish@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2011 15:41:18 -0600

Sort of on the subject of what Scott was talking about but off enough
to start a new thread...

I have checked out a fabulously fun book on Spy information that is in
an encyclopedia/dictionary format.

It would be a really long thing to scan and fix up, but fun for sure,
BUT I have no idea how we would handle the pronunciation parts of the
entries. Maybe (not sure) it might work out to read in Braille, but in
TTS it is going to be either very weird or repetitious, as if the word
is being pronounced twice in a row for no reason. Certainly it will
not help as a pronunciation guide.

Actually, that gives me a pretty good laugh--what if someone learned
to speak by ONLY hearing words spoken aloud by TTS?  lol

OK, back on task here, how do we handle dictionaries? Or do we?

Charisma