[bksvol-discuss] Re: dashes

  • From: "Evan Reese" <mentat1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 16:34:09 -0700

Sorry, Sue, but I've never seen a Bookshare book with the two hyphens that
are supposed to be there when an em dash is translated into Braille. I don't
think the Bookshare Braille translator handles the em dash properly.

Even so, I generally leave them the way they appear in the print book
instead of changing them to two hyphens, which would make them appear as
they should in the Braille version; although, I admit to a bit of
ambivalence about this.

Evan