[bksvol-discuss] Re: current horror projects

  • From: "Scott Blanks" <scottsjb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Lora" <loravara@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2008 08:57:45 -0800

Lora,

First, I'm sending this message to you as well as both Bookshare lists, in the hope that the person who took the book will read this, and return the book to step one.

I checked the Books in Processing link off the Bookshare page, which allows us to see where books are in the overall process of being added to the collection. It shows the step one page, books out for validation, books awaiting approval to the collection, and those titles in the administrator rejection cue. Sure enough, the book is out for validation, and if you don't have it, then somebody else does. There is now a message on the step one page clearly indicating that the hold for indicator should be respected if it's included with the book when submitted to step one. And yes, I did put hold for Lora on my Palahniuk title. I will be contacting Bookshare staff to let them know that this has happened, again. This is the third time this has occurred with books of mine, four books in total.

Again, if the person who took this title, which was clearly delineated as a hold for title, is reading this, show some respect for your fellow volunteers and put the book back where it belongs.

Scott

----- Original Message ----- From: "Lora" <loravara@xxxxxxxxxxx>