[bksvol-discuss] Re: courtesy and less rigidity

  • From: Bud Schwab <budschwab@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 20 May 2007 14:42:36 -0700

Don't be hesitant about contributing. I got a public dressing down by Jake a few months ago and was tempted to do the same thing, but I just figured consider the source and continued contributing books I agree with you that any criticism anybody has should be done privately and not in front of the whole group to embarrass somebody. That's been bugging me for months and now I have it off my chest and will try to forget it.

Bud Schwab.At 11:56 AM 5/20/2007, you wrote:
I agree with what was said here. People aren't always as on top of things,
or as financially stable, or as knowledgeable, as some list members seem to
be. By making snide remarks about the efforts people make for this
organization, I fear some people may be made to feel intimidated. I, for
one, am hesitant about submitting now, for fear of receiving a very public
dressing down for something that is less than perfect.

If perfect, flawless scans are what is wanted here, perhaps the staff needs
to make that known. Otherwise, I urge list members to be courteous to one
another, and to be thankful for everyone who tries to make a difference in
this community.

Shannon