[bksvol-discuss] communication with publishers

  • From: Alisa Moore <alisam@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2012 15:05:45 -0800

Hi all,

Just a gentle reminder our policy regarding Bookshare volunteers communicating
directly with publishers.  We strongly discourage you from communicating with
publishers as a representative of Bookshare.  Oftentimes, there are
relationships and communications that we on the "ground floor" are unaware of,
and this can create unanticipated conflicts for Bookshare's publisher
relationships.

If you feel we should be connecting with certain publishers or want us to
pursue specific relationships, please just let Robin Seaman know, and she will
follow up, as appropriate (robins@xxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:robins@xxxxxxxxxxxx>).

Thanks very much, everyone!  Let me know if you have any questions.

Kind regards,

Alisa K. Moore
Volunteer Program Manager
Benetech