[bksvol-discuss] Re: bookshare in future

  • From: Carrie Karnos <ckarnos@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2006 19:48:23 -0800 (PST)

Hi Lissi,

  Yes, I spent about an hour or two with Jennifer when she was in the office a
few weeks ago, explaining to her about the volunteer group and how I process
books.  She had some suggestions to improve the process, so I'm anxiously
waiting for her to start working at Bookshare.

  Carrie

Estelnalissi <airadil@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
          Dear Carrie and Bookshare Friends,

  I imagine it will help Jennifer if we manage to hold back a little and give
her plenty of time to settle in and get a sense of the whole picture and her
part in it. Until she's ready to set priorities and take us on we can impress
her with our independence and marvelous productivity!!!

  Erm...I can't talk much in the productivity line. I've been smarting and
floating since my computer crash. I had to recover from the loss of all of my
files and the 2 validations I was on the brink of uploading. I did start back
to work yesterday and will upload Shamrocks by Friday.

  Carrie, you're going to be a blessing to Jennifer. Since you do your
volunteering at the Bookshare office, you are in a unique position to grasp
volunteer and staff concerns first hand.

  Always with love,

  Lisssi