[bksvol-discuss] book scanning woes

  • From: "Julia" <julia.kulak@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2009 00:06:30 -0500

Hi, just thought I'd share my frustration with people who understand. I'm
almost done with a six hundred page tome by Barbara wood. I took this book out
through interlibrary loan, and just found out that it was due back yesterday,
and I don't see it anywhere in my loans list. Then, when I go to read it, I
switched from grayscale to dynamic threshold halfway through in an attempt to
preserve page numbers, there were letters missing from the beginning of lines.
This means that I now have over three hundred pages to rescan! I guess I
should've stuck to grayscale, arg!
On top of that, the parts didn't scan at all, this means that there are two
blank pages, and then the text just continues with no warning that you've now
switched a good ten years forward!Just for the record, the book is Green City
in the Sun.  Julia