[bksvol-discuss] Re: book scanning woes

  • From: Julie & Miss Mercy <mercy421@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 21:22:09 -0500

I think "long" is subjective. For me, even 600 pages is long just because I'd never done one that long before until recently. If you're used to doing books that long it may not be long to you.

chatter8712@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
Long book? Try Executive Orders by Tom Clancey. About 1,5000 pages, if
memory serves.

On 2/9/09, Julia <julia.kulak@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Wow, that's a really long book! At least we are giving people a quality book
to read when we're finally done, see, I've already adopted Julie's way of
thinking.
Julia
From: Julia <julia.kulak@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] book scanning woes
To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sunday, February 8, 2009, 9:06 PM
Hi, just thought I'd share my frustration with people
who understand. I'm almost done with a six hundred page
tome by Barbara wood. I took this book out through
interlibrary loan, and just found out that it was due back
yesterday, and I don't see it anywhere in my loans list.
Then, when I go to read it, I switched from grayscale to
dynamic threshold halfway through in an attempt to preserve
page numbers, there were letters missing from the beginning
of lines. This means that I now have over three hundred
pages to rescan! I guess I should've stuck to grayscale,
arg!
On top of that, the parts didn't scan at all, this
means that there are two blank pages, and then the text just
continues with no warning that you've now switched a
good ten years forward!Just for the record, the book is
Green City in the Sun.  Julia

list
of

line.