[bksvol-discuss] Re: book requests

  • From: Mayrie ReNae <mrenae@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 17:51:59 -0700

Hi Shayla,

I have a friend who has been raving about these for a while now. I'd be happy to check them out from the library and scan them. It will take me a while, probably a month or so, to get to them. But If you can wait that long. I'd be happy to do them. If anyone else can get to them sooner, just say the word and I'll not add them to my list.

Peace,
MayrieAt 05:15 PM 9/13/2006, you wrote:
Hi all,

On a friend's recommendation, I've been reading the Kate Shugak mystery series by Dana Stabenow, ten of which we have on Bookshare (the first is A Cold Day for Murder). The books are about -- well, I'll let the author's website explain it.

"Kate Shugak is an Aleut who lives on a 160-acre homestead in a generic national Park in Alaska. Her roommate is a half-wolf, half-husky dog named Mutt.
Her nearest neighbors are a bull moose and a grizzly sow. Farther off are dog mushers, miners, hunters, trappers, fishermen, bush pilots, pipeline workers,
Park rats and Park rangers, other Aleuts, Athabascans, a few Tlingits and the residents of Niniltna, a village perched on the edge of the Kanuyaq River,
a 600-mile long, salmon-rich tributary that winds through the Park to Prince William Sound."

Oh, and she also solves crime.

Anyway, like I said, Bookshare has ten of these books, which means we're missing four. They are:

3. Dead in the Water
8. Killing Grounds
11. The Singing of the Dead
12. A Fine and Bitter Snow

If anyone has access to these books and is willing to scan them, I'd really appreciate it -- they're fun but sober, clever but sweet, and I'm really enjoying them.

Shayla