[bksvol-discuss] Re: author names

  • From: Rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2009 11:54:09 EDT

In an effort to understand the problem I just did a search on the site of Du
Bois, Bois Du and Bois W E B Du. For the second two I got no results. I got
five results for Du Bois and only one of them was actually written by him, The
Souls of Black Folks. I forget the title you originally referred to, but this
one, at least, had the parts of the name in the correct order. That would mean
that there is no problem if one just does a search for the last name of the
author, but it might not show up if one were just browsing the Ds. If, on the
other hand, you were referring to another title then there is a real problem
because even my typing in the name backwards did not find it.

                  "Philosophers have merely interpreted the world in various
ways; the point is to change it." Karl Marx

table with 2 columns and 6 rows
Subj:
[bksvol-discuss] Re: author names
Date:
4/8/2009 9:25:36 AM Eastern Daylight Time
From:
akp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To:
bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent from the Internet
(Details)
table end

Hi all,

Well, E., I hope they fix this one cuz it really looks dumb!  Bois, W. E. B.
Du, LOL, it's one of those things that when you see it inspires immediate
laughter.  So, if anybody wants this book, I guess you're going to have to
look under B. not D.

Ann P.

--
AAnn K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost."  JRRT

New Deals on Dell Netbooks – Now starting at $299 (A
HREF=http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1219939010x1201342897/aol?redir=http:%2F%2Fa
d.doubleclick.net%2Fclk%3B213771626%3B35379597%3Bw)