[bksvol-discuss] asterisks for sidebars does not work in audio

  • From: Charisma <wishfulfish@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2011 16:20:29 -0600

Valerie wrote:

> Only time I have used them (asterisks) in non-fiction is to separate sidebars
> or insets, > but not often if ever in straight text passages of non-fiction.

Thanks for the reply. smile

Is this a standard approach to sidebars? Because it does not set them
apart in the audio book I have been reading. All of the sudden the
text--while related--interrupts the current sentence and then reverts
back to the sentence when the sidebar or insert is over.

Is there a way to make sidebars and inserts stand out in audio that
would not be wrong for Braille?

You know, as confusing as this can be, it is sort of like a puzzle we
are winkling out, figuring what works for both types of readers! Like
solving a mystery or something!

Charisma