[bksvol-discuss] Re: a newby question

  • From: "Bob" <rwiley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 May 2008 08:24:43 -0500

Wow E, talk about past history. The message you are replying to must have been my second or third message to the list. I remember looking at the story of civilization book something or other, and consulting with you. You politely recommended that a newbie should start with another book, which I did. Thanks for the advice.

Since that time I've written short and long synopses and several reviews.

I think reviewing a book is an underused tool that we readers have. How many times have I downloaded books to discover that it really isn't my kind of read? If more books had readers' reviews we could all learn by other people's mistakes, or, in the case of a good book, someone else's serendipitous good luck.

Bob
Date: 2007-09-24 19:03:35-07

User: Elizabeth Aldworth".

Does this mean that Ms. Aldworth is working on this book and I should keep my prying newby hands off of her property?

Thanks.
Bob

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful,
committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is
the only thing that ever has."--Margaret Mead

http://www.eset.com