[bksvol-discuss] Re: a book with multiple column pages

  • From: "Pratik patel" <pratikp1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 00:18:23 -0400

Kellie,

In that odd circumstance, of course, you would have to obtain the large size
paper that is required to print it.  But, DAISY does not retain margin
settings; nor does it retain any page length settings.  Those things fall
into style and/or appearance and fall outside the perview of DAISY.  It is a
simantic (i.e., structural) markup language and provides mechanisms to
markup text for structure.  So strictly speaking, once the book is accepted
into the collection, the margin/page size has no bearing on the actual
content.

Hope this hhelps.

Pratik